Life has no shortness of anxiety inducing situations and once you are a mother, your stress is amplified by ten! Choosing a meal for dinner goes from being an afterthought before children to being a panic attack inducing deliberation. (You have a taste for salmon but your toddler hates salmon but you need to cook it because you already have it thawing but then what will your toddler eat and then what sides would Hubby prefer and you’d like some rice but you had rice last night……let’s just order a freaking pizza!)
Now granted dinner deliberations are a walk in a park compared to the real BIG life decisions and responsibilities that come into play throughout your adult life. We’re responsible for the well-being of whole other beings for crying out loud! And bills, please don’t get me started on those.
But when life seems to be swirling out of my control, I am always able to reground myself in truth. I have an arsenal of confidence rising, fear kicking scriptures that give me hope and that extra push when I need it the most.
So here are my Top Seven Anxiety Relieving Scriptures.
1) “God is within her. She will not fail.”-Psalm 46:5
I love this scripture so much. It’s really such a girl boss scripture. It reminds me that I have God on my side so I can literally push through anything. This scripture is a definite confidence booster.
2) “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”-Jeremiah 29:11
With absolutely no exaggeration, I can tell you that this scripture got me through graduate school. There were so many times that I wanted to give up. Between working, being a mom, being a wife and trying to complete all of my coursework I was so burnt out! This scripture reminded me that I was in school for a reason and that God had a plan to use that experience to provide me with a prosperous life.
3) If God is for us, who can be against us.”-Romans 8:31
If you are ever a state of fear about anything, this is a great scripture to turn to. It’s another scripture that reminds me that God is always there and in my corner. And when I know this is the case I know that it doesn’t matter what obstacle I’m facing because he is bigger than it.
4) “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life.”-Matthew 6:25-27
Girl, this is my back against the wall, the bills are due but the money is short scripture! This is the best reminder in the world that God has the whole world in his hands so there is no need to worry. My bills always get paid. I’ve always had food in the fridge. There have always been clothes on the backs of my family and I. God always works it out. So trust him. This scripture also reminds me to count my blessings and to appreciate the things that I often take for granted.
5) “Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”-Philippians 4:6-7
This scripture really has my heart because it has gotten me through some of the darkest times in my life. The strength of the instruction in this scripture is not lost on me at all. There is so much peace in venting and bringing you frustrations to God, especially when you are at your lowest point. Whatever is burdening you, give it to God. Your burden is heavy for you to carry but the big God that we serve can take it on with ease. And that peace you receive when you allow God to be God truly surpasses all understanding.
6) “I can do all this through him who gives me strength.”-Philippians 4:13
This scripture is always incorporated into my morning prayer because it gives me confidence to face the day ahead. It is so overwhelming to know that you have a long day ahead of you whether it be at work or at home with the kids. Your To-do list can seem so daunting. But I love this reminder that I can do anything when I have God on my side.
7) “Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable if anything is excellent or praiseworthy think about such things.”-Philippians 4:8
My final anxiety relieving scripture is a lovely reminder to focus on the good in your life. I can definitely worry myself into a bad day. My thoughts will go to and dwell on the worst possible outcome for a situation causing me to stress about things that haven’t even happened! I love how this scripture instructs us to let our minds runaway with the joys of life so that instead of anxiety and stress we can give ourselves joy and peace.
I truly hope these scriptures bless you and provide you with a tool kit to face the stress and anxieties of each day. Life will always have big obstacles for us to overcome but our God is bigger. ❤️